Into the Depths is a Secondary Quest from the Lost Valley DLC in Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Quests are different tasks and missions that a player can acquire and partake in throughout the game, quests are usually unlocked through the main campaign, during a series of events, or are given by certain NPCs. Completing a quest also grants various rewards that can aid the player throughout their journey.
Into the Depths Objectives
Meet Marin Ving in the Valley
Find the Lost Temple
Into the Depths Walkthrough
Completing Reconnaissance will activate this quest.
Meet Marin Ving in the Valley
The Copper Beetle Key can be obtained by from the Cave labeled the Waterfall Grotto in The Verdant Valley. The Cave is found initially blocked and is located just below the Forge Outpost in The Verdant Valley towards the east. There will be two ways to enter, both require you to have good relations with the giant at The Verdant Valley. If you have progressed through the Giant's quests, you can access the cave through the Giant's Enclave. Progress these to be able to recruit the help of the giant in order to remove the blockage from the Forge cave entrance, or eventually gain access to the gates and enter through the back end of the cave found within the Giant's Enclave.
Complete these quests using one of the methods to gain access to the cave and loot the area to eventually retrieve the key.
The Silver Beetle Key can be obtained by progressing through enough quests in either of the available Faction questlines from the Lost Valley DLC. It can usually be found in a chest or object. It can be obtained from the following quests:
- Forge Questline: Manacalon Riches (Loot the chests at the Laboratory)
- Dominion Questline: Blue Blood Reward (Loot the chests at the Palace Laboratory)
- The People Questline: Rescuing Reya (Loot the nightstand at the Hideout)
- The Rebellion Questline: The Wizard's Lair (Loot the chests at the Laboratory)
- Mask Questline: This seems to be the "Into the Depths" quest, note that it sends you into the Waterfall location for the Copper Beetle Key and if you have already collected this Key, the "Into the Depths" quest stalls out here and you cannot progress further in the Mask questline even if you can enter the Old Ruins with both keys.
Once you have both keys, make your way through the Jungle and head to the ruins down the staircase north of the Old Ruins. There will be a large stone gate.
Find the Lost Temple
The Lost Temple is located north of the Old Ruins waypoint back in The Verdant Valley.
You will want to make your way through the ruins and discover the areas within them. Enter the Ruins, head straight and you will first reach the Mausoleum Waypoint. To the left of here will bring you towards the living quarters. Take the route right to make your way to the Warden Quarters and the Treasure Room. Both routes can eventually lead to the Temple which will be on the opposite side of the map. Head south at the mausoleum area and take a rest at the campfire to anticipate any upcoming battles.
When you are done here, head west and continue down till you reach the gate and open it. There will be a locked door if you look east. You will need to unlock it with lock picking. Another campfire will be here. Now make your way to the Treasure Room where you will find glowing symbols on the wall. You will need to locate all symbols to light them all up. Head west and prepare for a battle. This will be marked as the Old Jail on your map. You may face a few goblins and Trolls in the area. During these battles, focus on the ranged enemies to clear them right away. Loot the area once you are done with battle. Highlight the area and view all interactable items. There will be a small symbol on the corner of the floor that you will need to the treasure room. Go back and there will be a large highlighted block if you check. This should be towards the southwest. Interact with this block to reveal a path. You can take this hallway and locate a second symbol at the corner of the hallway just as it turns. Push the rock and the hallway will continue. Prepare for another fight. At the end of this hallway, you would've made your way to the Lost Temple.
This area will be filled with Skeletons. In the depths of this area, you will also be facing a Wight Lord, Minotaur, and a Wolf. The completion of this battle will complete this quest.
How to obtain Into the Depths
- This quest can be activated after purchasing and downloading the Lost Valley DLC. Progress in Escape the Lost Valley and speak to Cafrain Shadow to complete her series of quests. Completing Reconnaissance will activate this quest.
Into the Depths Rewards and Loot
- Mask Relation Improvement
Into the Depths Notes & Tips
- Note that if you already went into this complex by getting the two keys, the Mask questline will stall out here, because the keys were removed from your inventory earlier and the game seems to be looking for your use of them now.