Shadow of the Defiler
|Location||Fortress of the Shield|
Shadow of the Defiler is a Secondary Quest in Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Quests are different tasks and missions that a player can acquire and partake in throughout the game, quests are usually unlocked through the main campaign, during a series of events, or are given by certain NPCs. Completing a quest also grants various rewards that can aid the player throughout their journey.
Shadow of the Defiler Objectives
FIND RAZAN AND DESTROY HIM!
- Adrasteia asked you to find the Defiler who rests nearby her tower. Return to the ruins outside the Fortress of the Shield, find the tomb where Razan placed the remains of his family to lure him, and put an end to his existence.
Shadow of the Defiler Walkthrough
This quest is directly embedded into the Main Quest, "Gem Quest: The Monastery". Progressing through certain objectives in the main quest will inevitably activate the Shadow of the Defiler Secondary Quest.
FIND RAZAN AND DESTROY HIM!
- Exit Adrasteia's room and cross the bridge. This will lead you into another tower.
- Enter the second room on the left; open the chest in the room and collect the loot. Search the table to the right of the chest, and collect loot there as well.
- Clear any enemies that spawn.
- Continue down the hallway onto the platform on the middle of the next bridge. Interact with the platform to leave the area.
- Exit the tower through the arch door in front. Turn left and enter into the ruins nearby where you will find an empty tomb on the floor below.
- Interact with the tomb to trigger a battle with Razan, Estella Mertvykh, Brood of Flesh, Brood of Blood, and a Brood of Dead.
- Defeat Razan and his companions to complete the quest.
How to obtain Shadow of the Defiler
- This quest is activated after the cutscene from the objective "Kill the Defiler" in the Main Quest, "Gem Quest: The Monastery".
- During this cutscene, the dragon reveals herself to be Adrasteia the Prudent Shield, Master of Abjuration, and that the elf Kythaela was actually a character she had conjured using a part of herself. Before the end of the scene, Adrasteia asks one last favor from you - to rid her lands of the foulness that we know as Razan the Defiler, effectively activating this quest.
Shadow of the Defiler Rewards and Loot
- Magic Weapon Request x 1
- Purple Amber x 1
- Crafting Wardenblade x 1
- Refined Oil x 5
- Lily of the Badlands x 3
- Manacalon Orchids x 3
- Arrow x 10
- Corrosive Arrow x 1
- 2,600 XP
Shadow of the Defiler Notes & Tips
- Notes & tips go here
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Razen is in the outside area of the Fortress of the shield, a crypt a few meters northeast of the circular platform outside of the library. The sarcophagus is guarded by Brood of Blood. However once you open the sarcophagus, 3 brood, Razen, and Estalla will appear around your party - a tough fight if you are not prepared. Recommend stealth your party, staging 3 of the party outside the crypt, and heave your stealthiest open the sarcophagus. This will give you a chance to do a surprise attack the first round. Cleric's Daylight spell seemed to make all the enemies attacks have disadvantage. Mage's firewall (choosing the option to circle the party) was also advantageous.
this dosent help find them at all