Choose one additional language.
This character speaks as most folks do, neither overly formal nor overly colloquial.
Spy is a Background in Solasta: Crown of the Magister. A Background is a character feature that is presented during Character Customization. A character's background is what they did before taking up the adventuring life. The background gives them equipment and proficiencies, as well as the ability to select proficiency flags that affect the character's dialogue choices.
You have spent years working as a low-level diplomatic aide, learning the tricks of spycraft between the Principality, the New Empire, and the Kingdom of Gallivan. You have chosen not to take sides and never became an official spy, but you have retained the skills necessary for your emancipation.
Spy Personality Flags
A character's personality affects their conversations. Some narrative flags provide variants to standard dialogue, while others unlock different dialogue branches so the character can play according to their personality. Players can choose up to (2) personality flags based on the background, while (2) more according to their chosen alignment.
- Caution: A tendency to take care of one's own safety above all.
- Cynicism: A tendency to scoff at principles and values.
- Pragmatism: A tendency to value practicality over principles.
- Greed: A tendency to value wealth and comfort above all else.
- Strongest Personality - Casual: This character speaks as most folks do, neither overly formal nor overly colloquial.
- Spycraft: Proficient in Stealth and Deception.
- Rough Diplomacy: Proficient with Nature and Poisoner's Kit.
- Additional Languages: Choose one additional language.
Spy Starting Equipment
- Noble Garb
- 25 Gold Pieces
- Poisoner's Kit
Spy Tips & Builds
- Character Personality: You can create strong personality features by combining the same flag from the background and the alignment. The resulting personality is summarized at the bottom left of the screen. The deepest color indicates the strongest personality.
- Background Alignment: Describes the character's moral and personal attitudes affinity of your character. In Solasta, alignment is the second form of personality customization.