Damage and daze an enemy on a successful touch.
1d8 Lightning Damage
Lightning Damage, Spells
At Higher Levels
At caster levels 5, 11, and 17: +1 die
Shocking Grasp is a Cantrip in Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Cantrips feature the most basic and easy Spells characters can use for all intent and purposes. Cantrips can be cast infinitely and do not use up a Spell Slot.
Shocking Grasp Information
- Spell Type: Cantrip
- Casting Time: Action
- Spell Duration: 0 rounds
- Spell Effect: Damage and daze an enemy on a successful touch.
Spell Special Effects:
- 1d8 Lightning Damage
- Inflicts: Shocked (Cannot use reactions)
- Verbal: This spell requires the chanting of mystic words.
- Somatic: Requires a free use of at least one hand to perform this spell.
Shocking Grasp Requirements
Shocking Grasp Tips & Builds
- In the SRD 5.1 Ruleset Shocking Grasp has an advantage on the attack roll if the target is wearing armor made of metal. In Solasta the attack is made without advantage.
- Shocking Grasp is a good option if the caster is within the melee range of an opponent and wants to escape. On a hit, the target takes damage and can not use reactions like an attack of opportunity. So the caster can move away safely. However, there is the possibility to not hit the target, waste your action, and risking an attack of opportunity. Taking the disengage action instead is a guaranteed way to move away safely.