Level 1 Conjuration
Creatures in a four-cell square area are Restrained if they fail a STR saving throw.
1 minute (concentration)
This area slows down those who walk through it (save to negate)
Inflicts: Restrained (save each turn to cancel)
Unable to move; creatures attacks and Dexterity Saving Throws have a disadvantage; attacks against creatures have an advantage.
Summoning, Area of Effect, Concentration, Spell
Entangle is a Spell in Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Entangle is a Level 1 Spell. Spells can be cast by any Class that has Spellcasting, but not all Classes can cast every Spell. Spells in 5e DnD cost Spell Slots in order to use, and you must have an unused Spell Slot of the matching Level in order to cast this Spell. Many lower-level Spells can be cast using higher-level Spell Slots with increased benefits.
- Spell Type: Level 1 Spell
- Casting Time: Action
- Spell Duration: 1 minute (concentration)
- Spell Effect: Creatures in a four-cell square area are Restrained if they fail a STR saving throw.
Spell Special Effects:
- This area slows down those who walk through it.
- A creature's movement speed is halved while moving through the area of effect.
- Inflicts: Restrained (STR save each turn to cancel).
- Creatures in the area of effect when the spell is initially cast make the saving throw.
- When a creature enters the area of effect on its turn they make the saving throw (shoving them into it doesn't work).
- When a creature ends their turn in the area of effect they make the saving throw.
- A creature that is Restrained by the spell makes the saving throw at the end of their turn to end the Restrained condition on itself.
- Verbal: This spell requires the chanting of mystic words.
- Somatic: Requires a free use of at least one hand to perform this spell.
Spell Range: Square.
Listed below are the following Classes and/or Ancestries (Race) that can cast this spell:
Entangle Tips & Builds
- Because the Restrained condition reduces your movement speed to 0 the spell compounds on itself: Since your speed is 0 you have no choice but to end your turn in the area of effect. Since you just ended your turn you make the saving throw to end the Restrained condition on yourself. However, since you just ended your turn within the area of effect you have to make the save again. In other words, a creature has to succeed on the STR saving throw two times in a row in order to escape the spell.